Friday, April 3, 2009

Hanging Out with Mom On A Rainy Day!

Okay, for as long as I have lived on the east coast now I have never seen it rain for an entire day...NONSTOP! Even hurricane weather doesn't produce an all day rain storm that I have experienced. The forecast called for 100% chance of rain and that is exactly what we got! So, Cannon and I definitely took advantage of the not so good weather and hung out for the day at home.

Cannon has started wanting to be propped up after he eats so he can look around. I always try to face him towards a direction with light so it will draw his attention to it. Sometimes that light is the large tv in front of him so we have to re-adjust and get his sensitive eyes away.

Now that we are approaching the 6 week milestone, it is getting a little (I emphasis little) easier to handle Cannon. He is not that delicate newborn anymore so I feel as if he isn't going to slip through my hands as much now as when he was born. He is starting to control his head more and is getting a lot more upper body strength........my baby is growing up right in front of my eyes and it makes me sad!!!!!! He use to be this tiny baby in the center of his crib but now when I go into his room in the morning to get him up, he has scooted from one end of the crib to the other.

I really am understanding now just how true all the parents were who told me this was going to happen.....children really do grow up too fast!!