Waking up everyday and knowing I am Cannon's mommy! I can remember after getting married to Aaron how having the new title of wife was a little weird to me and my vocabulary. I would reference being his wife in conversations then I would have to let the word really sink into my mind. The same is happening with my newest role...mommy. Again, it's those big blue eyes of Cannon's that look at me and I have to stop and say to myself, this really is MY life!
The Bad...
Saturday nights weather!! Holy Moly!! Aaron swears he should have been a meteorologist since they were predicting a lot of rain for most of Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Well....Thursday and Friday came and went with a couple of drops (so Aaron thinks they just lie) but Saturday night was tense. Severe weather and tornado warnings for hours, the sounds of thunder and flashes of lighting that had me thinking of getting into the "safe" room in the house. Since moving from Texas, I can always prepare for weather like this because whatever Dallas gets, we get it here in South Carolina days later but still this was some wild weather.
The Fussy...
Cannon's runny nose has made for a rough week last week, the weekend and so far this week. He was fussy everyday, sometimes for hours at a time which can make any new parent second guess their parenting abilities. Aaron and I would take turns trying to calm him down and sometimes we would just have to let the fussiness run it's course until Cannon couldn't take anymore and fall asleep...HARD!
To me I have been in control of things for so long in my life only for a child to enter my world to teach me that I really can't always be in control. If I was sick I would either take time out to get myself healthier or push through it. It's just not the case with Cannon. He is a newborn child and has to be attended to in ways that make me have to slow down. These times are helping me see the true value of what I thought was important in life and sitting with my fussy 5 week old son for what can be hours rocking him and calming him makes me stop in my tracks and feel grateful I have moments like these with him. Having control or seeming to be "in control" isn't always healthy! Feel better soon my precious child!
Cannon exhusted after his fussiness



