Saturday, March 21, 2009

First Month of Life!

As I was up in the middle of the night feeding, the clocked revealed Cannon was now a month old. Already?? How could this be?? I look at him and say to myself that everyone who told me the time would fly by....... was RIGHT!! For nine months I was told from friends, family, and total strangers that the life of your children will flash before you so take in every moment. That is by far the most true statement anyone has ever said to me.

This morning I captured some photos and as I look at them I do see so many changes in Cannon. The biggest change and most exciting is when those big blue eyes (verdict is still out if they will stay blue?) look my way, they are really looking at me, Cannon's mom. And when he hears Aaron's voice, his head turns towards that direction. This is when my heart melts!

Yes we are first time parents but this is our time and we are soaking it all up moment by moment. We are so grateful for Cannon's life and still thanking God for this wonderful blessing in our lives. My prayer today is that God will continue to bless not only Aaron and I as parents but all parents!