Thursday, April 9, 2009

Cannon meets Grandma

Before I update you on Grandma's visit, first let me give a run-down of all the living grandparents and great-grandparents names Cannon has......the list is a little long.....

Cannon's GRANDPARENTS
Nanny & Papa = my mom & dad
Pops = my father
Grandma & Grandpa = Aaron's mom & dad

Cannon's GREAT GRANDPARENTS
Mamaw & Papaw = My mom's parents
Grandma Adams = My dad's mom
Grandma Santilli = My father's mom
Grandma Wheat = Aaron's dad's mom

Cannon is SO BLESSED with family. It is actually how I grew up too. I had my great grandfather, Poppy, until I was 15 and great grandma, Meme, until I was 22. They are people in my life who had a strong influence on who I am today. They showed me love and good values that I will never forget. I can't wait for Cannon to know and understand the meaning of grandparents. They are God's way of putting angels in our lives to always love us here on earth then to watch over us when they are in heaven.

Okay...back to Grandma's visit.....

Aaron's mom arrived last week not only to meet her newest grandson but to continue a little tradition we started last year with her visiting at Easter. From the moment she laid her hands on Cannon, my life got a little easier.

My boss has graciously let me do some work from home so that is exactly what I did when Bonnie arrived. I even went into the office a couple of times which helped me get out of the house and have a break. As every new mom can understand those times away from your child, even if it is for only a short period of time, can be very hard. I found myself continuously looking at my watch and thinking to myself, what is Cannon doing right now. I can pretty much guess what he does since he is on a good schedule and he was in very good hand but still it was hard for me to relax being away from him.

Thank you Grandma for coming to visit and for loving Cannon with all your heart!!



Cannon catching Grandma texting her friend