WOW, it's hard to believe that ten years of my life has past since the tragic events of September 11th. It seems like yesterday when I was in Brentwood, TN for work and was sitting in my hotel room watching Matt Lauer on the Today Show when the second plane hit. I remember how life was in slow motion for me since I was away from my family living in Charlotte, NC at the time. I hadn't met Aaron yet but vowed to become a person with a deeper heart for life, a deeper appreciation of life and ultimately, a deeper love for my God.
Right now Cannon and Caroline are too young to explain what happened on September 11th and what the day means to the world. Even what it means to live through a war. I will tell them all about September 11th soon, before they go to school and read about it in a textbook. I can't believe that I will get to tell my own children about events in history that will be read about in schools for the rest of our lives. Just doesn't seem real. So for now, we will continue to stop and remember those lives lost on that day. Pray for the families that have to carry on after that day and try to be better human beings to others to honor what the day is to be remembered for.
The remembrance ceremony at our Town Hall.
Caroline with our Chief of Police.
Sorry for the "paw" prints, Chief!
By this time, Caroline had captivated the whole audience
and it was a moment that was so fitting for the day!









