Sunday, May 17, 2009

My Last Week as a Stay-at-home-Mommy

My maternity leave has officially ended and it's back to work.....here comes the tears!!!

This past week I took a little extra time to be "in the moment" with Cannon and has I did that I sat at times just thanking God over and over for blessing me and Aaron with the opportunity to be at home with him for the past 12 weeks. I won't say it was always easy, I won't say I didn't have days where I cried both sad and happy tears, I won't say it got a little lonesome at times being at home with a newborn but I will say IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!! And not being a permanent stay at home mom is not an easy decision to make when you have your first child in your arms day after day. It wears on your heart and it messes with your mind; however, Aaron and I feel we aren't making a right or wrong decision but one that works for our family. It will mean we will have to work harder at having quality family time but we are up for the challenge. As I've asked before, please keep us in your prayers as we move into this new chapter of our lives.

Here is a small glimpse into this past week with Cannon! Enjoy!

Monday was normal....just trying to get back into our daily routine without daddy being around to keep us company. No pictures to report.

Tuesday was our first "test run" at daycare. Since I had a meeting at the office at noon, Aaron and I took Cannon into daycare for the first time around 11:00am. Here is a picture taken before we left the house. After my meeting, I went to Target to walk the isles. I wasn't in there more than 15 minutes when I had already ran into several moms pushing babies in strollers....my heart was melting!!! All I wanted to do is go get my little boy and hold him tight and never let him go again but I was good though and stayed gone until picking him back up at 5:00.

Wednesday was my day to continue trying to get Cannon to sleep on his back. Since he was a newborn, he has always slept on his tummy and that is not allowed at daycare until they can roll over. This has been one of the reasons I was so upset about daycare. I didn't want to be the mom who had the baby that wouldn't sleep because she taught him a bad (or should I say different) habit. So...here is my proof Cannon can sleep on his back even if it is only for an hour or so before he becomes aware of the trick I played on him! The next pictures are to prove that he didn't stay mad at me for long and that happy smile returned to his beautiful face!!!!

Thursday was the REAL test run for how life was going to be from now on. I had a dentist appointment at 8:00am so I woke up and pretended as if I was going into work. Cannon was dropped off at daycare around 7:50am and I continued with my day. I picked him up that afternoon around 4:30. Aaron worked late so I gave Cannon his bath without his assistance. Usually Aaron and I do bathtime together and make it a family event. I stay and clean up the bathroom while Aaron get's Cannon back into his room and dried off. Cannon and I still managed to get this task completed but we missed having daddy to help out. AND....I'm happy to report that Cannon is doing great at daycare!!

Friday was spent hanging out with my girlfriend Wendy. We went out to lunch where I had another "first" with Cannon. He decided to have a poopie diaper during the middle of eating. I didn't have the camera with me so I will spare you that event but here are some cute pictures from that day. The big (Texas size) bear was given to Cannon by his Aunt Becky. Thank You Auntie B!!!

Yeah for Saturdays!! We love when the weekend comes and we can be a family all day! The weather has been nothing but rain off and on so we didn't do much during the day. That night we went over to Larry & Karen's for dinner. Cannon got to meet a lot of new people who have been wanting to get their hands on him. This was another first for us as Cannon was not at home for the first time when it was his bedtime. He did fine and enjoyed a nice long nap before we headed home for the night. Cannon sleep again through the night and life was good!!

Sunday......one word......RAIN!!! And lots of it! So again we didn't get to enjoy anything outside or go anywhere but that didn't stop Cannon from being happy and being the light of our lives! As you can see from the picture below, Cannon loves to look at himself in the mirror while on his changing pad. I get a kick out of seeing him kick his legs and flap his arms.