Thursday, May 28, 2009

God is better than a monitor!!

Now that I am a parent, there is a whole new set of worries I deal with on a daily basis; one of them being Cannon's sleeping preference. Since he was weeks old, he has been a tummy sleeper and that has always kept my ear snuggled up a little closer to the monitor at night and my feet running to his crib to check (just one more time) to make sure he is breathing.

I recently came across this saying while reading another blog where a new mommy was dealing with the same fear of having her baby sleep on her belly instead of her back like all the books and doctors advise. God IS better than a monitor and it's my prayer every time I put Cannon down for sleep in his crib. I ask God at night to protect his body and rest his mind. God is the one who blessed us with Cannon and He is the one who I put my trust into with Cannon's life.
And just like the prayer that was prayed for me when I was a baby, I also pray for Cannon.....

Now I lay me down to sleep,
I pray the Lord my soul to keep:
If I should die before I wake,
I pray the Lord my soul to take.

Sweet Dreams Cannon!