Sunday, May 10, 2009

Lots of Smiles and My 1st Mother's Day!

Another week of Cannon's life has flown by again but with each and everyday I see so much change in him. His little personality has started to take shape. He knows just how to light up my whole day when he awakes with that big smile of his and keeps it on his face all day!! Even a short trip to the doctor's office last Monday because I was worried (remember, I'm a new mom)about his congestion still didn't keep this little guy from being happy! What more could any mommy or parent want for their child but to grow up, be happy and do great things. This is what I wish for everyday and pray to God for Cannon's life.

Saturday was the annual Bluffton May Festival on Calhoun Street. Cannon did great even in the 90 degree heat we were having. He got to enjoy his mid-morning bottle underneath the large oak tress next to the May River down by the Church of the Cross......what a beautiful day!!!

May 10, 2009.....my very first Mother's Day. What???....Me....a mom?....Oh yeah....Cannon really is my son and I'm not dreaming......this is my life and it is GREAT!! The day couldn't have been any more perfect with the sun shining and getting to spend the day hanging out with Cannon and Aaron. Life isn't just great, it's the life I have prayed many prayers to have and it's the life that makes me whole.

If your reading this and your a mother, I hope your heart is overflowing with the joys of motherhood. As crazy as it can get being a mom, I believe there is nothing more rewarding than knowing you can love a child far deeper than you ever knew love before. And this brings me to thanking my mom for loving me for the daughter that I am and for the mother I have become because of that love! I love you mom!