Monday, February 20, 2012

Moments became Memories

As a mom, I can't fully describe the depth of my love for my kids.  Sometimes I get sad thinking that I am not doing enough to show them my love.  If you are ever around me and my kids, you will constantly see my kissing on them, telling them how much I love them or for a good laugh, I will tickle them so I can hear their sweet little voices giggle.

This weekend I took some extra time to be caught in the moment and turn those moments into wonderful memories (thanks to my blog/journal).  I played on the floor with Cannon and his cars.  I was at one end of the hallway and he was at the other.  He LOVES monster trucks so our house has plenty of them to turn our floor into a racetrack.  He would make me "zoom" one truck down the hallway while he "zoomed" his.  Sometimes they would collid and we would laugh then sometimes they would pass one another and Cannon would seem disappointed so we would have to start over.  As I sat there zooming monster trucks with my son, I knew this moment was a moment to remember the fun he has being a sweet two year-old.

Another moment that caught my heart this weekend was a funny one.  It was bath time and Caroline was up first.  As she striped down in the middle of the living room and ran down the hallway with her white little shinning behind, I giggled inside but knew my heart was smiling while being in a moment with my daughter.

An oh so sweet moment came in church with Cannon.  I always go get the kids during offering so they can come back to the sanctuary and hear the band play the closing songs.  As I held Caroline on my hip, Cannon stood next to me.  I had my hand down and on his shoulder when he simply reached up and held on to my fingers with his hand while his other arm was wrapped around my leg to be close to me.  I knew right then and there that God gave me that very moment with both of my children.  I simply looked at the cross and thanked Him for my blessings!

There are also a lot of moments as a family we have at night after a long day at school and the office.  Cannon's basketball hoop has become a family event.  He makes us go to certain places around the room and see how far we can shot the ball into the basket.  We laugh and pretend we are on a basketball court until the clock says it's time for bed.

And as the saying says in our hallway........Family is a gift that last forever.  I know now just how much I love those gifts because those gifts are my children!