Us girls took a day trip to MUSC in Charleston to have the doctors check on Caroline's sweet heart. I am your typical mom and worry about the "what-ifs" in my children's lives and this worry has been heavy on MY heart for a while now. So I took the afternoon off work, packed some snacks and we headed on a two hour road trip to Charleston.
Caroline had so much fun riding in the elevator and walking across the skybridge. I think she thought this was going to be a fun outing but the poking and prodding was about to come. While three doctors took turns listening to her heart and checking her out, I got to ask all the questions I have been wondering about. Is her heart growing properly? Does her heart get enough blood flow because of her condition? Again, why did this happen? All the answers I received put my mind at more ease but deep.....way deep down inside, I will always worry about my little girl and her heart!
And just to put your mind at ease. Caroline's heart is perfectly fine, it's how the blood from the upper part of her body gets to the heart. Her internal "plumbing" as the doctors always say, was just developed differently than ours.









