This is a birthday story about a boy named Cannon
who loved a car named Lightning McQueen and Mater.
He just happened to turn THREE years old
and wanted to share his big day with all his friends
as well as with Samantha and Logan too.
His momma was a little sad seeing him turn another year older but daddy was so proud of his boy!
Cannon and his little sister celebrated well into the wee hours of the night
and more gifts and surprises awaited Cannon when he got home
along with cards that Daddy helped read that had arrived from ones who love him so.
Sissy tried one more time to get her hands on his new LeapFrog loaded with all his favorite videos but little did she know that her special day (and her very own LeapFrog) is just months away!
Well, as you can see, we are now the proud parents of a THREE YEAR OLD!!! Really?
Didn't I just leave the doctors office when he was three days old struggling to gain weight and being told that I would have to come back every two days for a weight check? Now he is a tall, weight gaining boy who loves to eat (almost) everything!
Didn't I just drop him off at daycare for the first time and cry my eyes out all the way to work? Now I drop him off at school knowing he is learning so much and I still sometimes cry all the way to work.
Didn't I just get his onesie monogrammed with his initials so he could wear it home from the hospital? Now I'm monogramming his shirts that are a size 4T.
Didn't I just hold you in my arms in the middle of the night to feed you? Now I beg for you to let me hold you in my arms but you tell me all the time that you're a big boy now.
Cannon, I never knew the love for you could get any deeper; however, I find myself loving you more and more with each new chapter of your life. You are a sweet and tender hearted boy (you get that from your momma) and I couldn't be more proud. You have such great manners and seem to be grateful for the things you have in your life. I hope that means you really do listen in school and to your parents when we teach you about sharing, caring and being kind to others. You love your sister so much and that too shows in most of your actions. I know she also gets on your nerves but that's what having a little sister is all about. I thank God for you, Jack Cannon. You are truly a blessing and YOU were the answer to so many prayers.



