For some reason being first time parents was a little hard getting use to for Aaron and I. We didn't allow ourselves to continue doing the same things we were accustom to doing like going out to dinner, visiting with friends and little trips here and there. How could we with a baby? Then when Cannon was only five months old we got the shock of our lives that I was pregnant and had been for a month. All I did in the months I was pregnant was try to have enough energy to get to the next day and to the next month and eventually to the end of the pregnancy. Our sweet Caroline was born and we were determined to start being more active. Go places with the kids and not be home bodies like we were last summer with Cannon.
So to make a long story short, our lives have been in a whirlwind of change for the past year and half and today, we did the best thing yet as a family. We went to church! Oh how I have longed for this day and oh how perfect of a day it was!!
Cannon had a death grip on my neck and didn't want to let go when we took him into the toddler room, which they call the Movers & Shakers. How cute! There were actually three other kids there that are in his class at daycare so he wasn't with total strangers the entire hour. I sat him at the table with a toy that contained animals....his favorite! Once he was engrossed with the pigs, cows and sheeps, I quietly exited the room. When we arrived back to get him after the service, he didn't want to leave. What? Our shy, slow to warm up, blue eyed boy was having fun and enjoying his new surroundings. Yes he was and I was so proud of how much fun he had in his class.
Caroline did great too. She went with us in the sanctuary. I kept her in her stroller and rocked it the entire time. After Father Owens preached, I took her out to enjoy the closing songs. She did nothing but have this huge smile on her face and look around. I think she was moved by the Spirit! :)
It's been way too long for this first to have started with our family but God doesn't keep records of wrongs or those times we wanted to go to church and didn't. I know He is proud of us and I know He will continue to work in our lives to help us continue on the new road of life we want to be on.....even with two kids under the age of two!



