Knowing we were going to be working parents, we couldn't escape that word. You know the word I'm talking about don't you? Yes, that word....daycare. Living in a smaller town, there are not that many choices for daycare but I choose the one I felt was best for Cannon. He was in the grasshopper baby room with Ms. Charlene & Ms. Anna. They loved my little boy, everyday and without hesitation. I knew they were taking care of him everyday just like he was their own. Once Cannon turned one, he moved up to the caterpillar room. This is where Ms. Tamika and Ms. Lilliam taught him songs, helped him learn to eat with utensils and best of all, guided him into being a wonderful toddler. Before Cannon left daycare, he was a bumblebee for all of a week. This is the room for the older toddlers before moving to the two year old class. Ms. Lilliam had actually moved over to this room as well so Cannon had a familiar teacher for the day. A new teacher had started in that room just the week before, Ms. Amanda. She was my hero for a week and it broke my heart the day I told her Cannon wasn't coming back. I encouraged her to keep loving the kids like she had loved mine for the week he was with her. After all, isn't that all we really want people to do to our children? Love them!
So we have come to a wonderful new beginning for Cannon. PRE-SCHOOL!!!!!
Aaron and I woke up so excited to take our little boy to his first day of school. We made it a family event and towed Caroline along as well. We got to school, which is really the church, and guess what.....Cannon's class is the same as the class he goes into for church! How awesome was that for him? He walked in and already was familiar with his surroundings. That took a lot of stress off of me but if you know me, you know I still cried my eyes out when I had to leave him. His teacher, Ms. Colleen seems wonderful and I can't wait to get the daily report sheets to see just how great my little boy loves his new beginning!
This is the pacifier dog that Cannon started daycare with on May 18th, 2009. As you can see, the pacifier was cut off a while back to wean him off of it while away from home. It worked!
This is the poster Cannon's class made for him on the last day of attending daycare. They were so good to him and he has made some special friends that will be in his life for a long time.
First day of pre-school!
Proud Momma!
Proud Daddy!
His report came back GREAT!



