Friday, October 22, 2010

Atop the Table

Since Caroline was born just 14 months after Cannon we kept everything the same in his room for her arrival.  Also since we didn't know if she was a boy or girl, she got everything passed down to her from her big brother, furniture and all!  The changing table in the nursery is really my old solid wood Thomasville dresser that I had repainted from the 1980's brown wood to a more updated distressed black finish.  I had Paul (our handy dandy craftsman) take off the gold drawer handles and to this day I have never taken the time to find ones I really like.  I've been busy having babies and drawer knobs have just not been on the priority list for a very long time. 

The dresser is along side the wall next to the sliding glass closet doors that I'd love to have not had but they have actually come in very handy when having babies.  Babies LOVE to look at themselves in the mirror so both Cannon and Caroline have always enjoyed being on top of the changing table (dresser) and looking at themselves in the mirror.  I have captured some of the cutest pictures as well as videos of the kids while they laugh and giggle, smile and sleep atop this wonderful piece of furniture! 


This piece of furniture has been from North Carolina to Texas, back to North Carolina then to Georgia and now to South Carolina.  I think it will be around for a really really long time in this family!


 Cannon - July 2009


Caroline - October 2010