Saturday, February 20, 2010

Let's Party!

The day had finally arrived to celebrate Cannon's first birthday. Grandma W, Uncle Kevin, Aunt Pamela, and cousins Kayden & Mackenzie all came to join in and be with Cannon on his special day.....and I was extremely thankful because I would have never been able to pull off a 2 hour event without their help.

Cannon awoke from his nap and we quickly got him dressed in his birthday attire....a newly pressed outfit that had been priority shipped and had arrived the day before due to his mommy's procrastination in what he was going to wear. It fit him perfectly and he looked adorable.

Lots of friends dropped by to say hello and to wish Cannon a happy birthday. I had asked for donations of can goods to be given to our local Bluffton Self Help organization in lieu of gifts. It touched my heart seeing all the goodies we got to donate in Cannon's honor. Of course Cannon still got lots of gifts and toys and I am grateful for those as well.

The celebration was a success and I was so proud of Cannon for enduring all the people picking him up and loving on him all day. He was acting like a big boy and I was one proud parent seeing him so happy.

Here's the birthday boy!!


The Wheat cousins: Cannon, Mackenzie & Kayden


Cannon's friends from his daycare class; Wesley & Landrum


A VERY SPECIAL visit from Wendy & Laura....they have been with me from the beginning of my journey trying to have Cannon and they were there the day I gave birth to him as well so it touches my heart that they came to say hello.


Wendy couldn't get enough of her Cannon!!


More birthday love from Melissa & Reilly


Gina snuck in a hug while Cannon was getting a refreshment.


The Snider's came for the fun too!


And it was so good seeing the Floyd's!! Austin & Katie Leigh have always loved baby Cannon.


So as you can see this day was full of sunshine, friendship, family, happiness and love......love for our sweet Cannon who turned one!