My reflection of the birth of my son makes me cry but as I sit here and write, I know the tears are happy ones and ones of deep gratitude to God who heard every prayer that was prayed for Cannon. I didn't know at the time but Cannon's birth taught me just how much a heart can love and just how much joy a child brings to one's life. Being first-time parents, I think Aaron and I are doing just fine and the smile on Cannon's face confirms that thought everyday.
The announcement photo to family & friends of our good news!
Cannon entered the world at 3:36am!
And now, February 21, 2010.......
We all woke up on Cannon's birthday to the sun shining through the windows and I started capturing every moment of the day. Cousin Kayden and Cannon didn't waste anytime and started playing once their feet hit the floor that morning. I know Cannon was loving having his big cousin around. We all ate breakfast and enjoyed our Sunday morning. Cannon and Kayden took a bath together and continued their fun. After lunch and Cannon's nap, the birthday boy got to dive into all his gifts with some help from daddy. He got lots of fun toys as well as more books to read.
Uncle Kevin, Aunt Pamela & his cousins had to leave and head back to Florida. Once we said our goodbyes, we loaded up the stroller and went to the beach. It was a beautiful sunny, but very windy, walk so we didn't stay long. After the beach we took Cannon to get a new pair of shoes. I am still a little shocked that the last ones lasted as long as they did considering how fast and tall Cannon is growing. And to end the day, we sang Happy Birthday and watched as our 1 year-old boy ate his birthday cupcake. This is where I think I got a little emotional. You see kids do it all the time on their first birthday but this was our time with our first child. It just didn't seem possible that a whole year had flown by and I was actually watching my child smear icing all over his face. It was a great moment for all; Cannon, Mommy, Daddy & Grandma W.
Happy Birthday Cannon!! We love you!!!



