As a mom, I am always making sure I find joy in every moment of every day with my children. Good or bad, I try to stop and soak in all the experiences they are having as children. Most of the memories that my mind remembers are the ones that bring laughter and smiles but today was a moment of sickness and exhaustion.
At 5:00am I was awoken by a sound coming through the monitor that sounded like a child trying to cough. Then about 15 seconds later, that child came running into my room throwing up. That child was Caroline. Again! Again I was putting her back in the bathtub so she could throw up. This just happened to her less than a month ago and she was out for four days with an intestinal virus. Not fun…for her or her momma!!
This violent act of sickness attacked Caroline hard. Within 30 minutes we were back and forth from bed to the bathroom three times. By this time we were wiped out so I sat her on my lap and we waited out the next episode in the bathroom together. There were FOUR more rounds of sickness. Each and every time, I would put her on my lap she would fall asleep in my arms until she was awoken again. My heart was completely broken having my sick child sit helplessly in my arms. I hurt for her as much as her little belly was hurting her. But the hour I sat in the bathroom with my little (sick) girl in my arms was a joyful moment for me. After all as a parent, I want to be the one there to care for my child……….even through their sickness.



