We took it easy during the day then headed down to Sea Pines on Hilton Head Island with a few other THOUSAND people to watch the fireworks. The kids had fun on the big playground and seeing all the big boats in the marina. Everyone enjoyed the fireworks show except Cannon. He has just come to not like loud noises. As you can see, he tried with everything he had not to enjoy the show. My heart was broken. I just can't get through to him at this age that there is absolutely nothing to be in fear of when it comes to watching big bright lights up in the nightly sky.
And on a side note: I usually write this blog to capture the fun times of my kids lives; however, this night out with friends watching a beautiful fireworks show on a nice July evening on Hilton Head Island turned VERY bad. Sea Pines is a large plantation so we parked and got bussed over to the events that night. That took all of 10 minutes. Waiting for the bus to pick us up and take us back to our car after the show, took almost 2 hours. I had an exhausted three year-old in my arms while Aaron (on his birthday) had an exhausted two year-old in his arms. We were in line with hundreds and hundreds of other people in a parking lot that was very hot and humid. After an hour and half, I lost it. Yes, I have the patience of Jobe but when my kids were crying asking to go home, this momma had had enough. I told the next bus driver that if I wasn't the next one on the bus then all hell was going to happen. The VERY sweet people around me saw all of this happening. Remember, they were in line with us too for those hours waiting for the bus. The next bus came and almost everyone allowed me and my children on first. It was a very kind gesture and they are strangers I will never be able to thank in person but I'm so grateful.
I hope Daddy will remember his 38th birthday by the smiles on Cannon & Caroline's face and the fun of being with his children and not by his wife going off on a bus driver at 11:30 at night!
Happy Birthday, Daddy!
and
Happy Birthday, USA!
It wouldn't be Caroline if she didn't have to go in timeout!



