Sunday, January 31, 2010

God's Newest Angel

The Lord called Papaw home to heaven on January 26th after 87 BLESSED years of life.

My Papaw was the light of my eyes and the smile in my heart. As a child I would spend countless days (sometimes months) visiting him and Mamaw. The trips were never dull and Papaw seemed to never get enough of us grandkids.

I can't thank God enough for letting Papaw live just long enough to get to meet Cannon. It was a meeting of two beautiful blue eyed boys. I know Papaw couldn't talk well enough to tell me how proud he was of his newest great-grandson but the smile on his face told me all I needed to know. This past Thanksgiving Day, Cannon sat in Papaw's lap as he sang him a sweet whistle song along with Mamaw's perfect harmony.....it's a sight and sound I will not soon forget!

We love you Papaw and we will see you again one day in heaven!