Monday, December 15, 2008

Did you hear that Cannon??

Tonight as I was sitting at home waiting for Aaron to arrive from work I heard sirens getting closer and closer to our house. Knowing Aaron was on the road I called to make sure he was okay and while on the phone I saw in the window flashing lights coming down our street. I made it outside just in time to see a beautiful sight.....Santa Clause with his Mrs. atop the Bluffton fire truck waving to all the houses.

Anyone who knows me will laugh at how much I considered this a sentimental moment while being pregnant with my son. I started crying! All I could think about is how Cannon is going to love growing up in a small town where they take the time to give children a reason to smile.

Even as I type this, I can't wait to teach Cannon the reason for why we celebrate this time of year and how the birth Jesus is so important to our lives.