I can't take all the credit, really not sure if I should take any but I'll take what I have and that is a sweet 2½ year-old daughter that LOVES her big girl underwear and not diapers!!! The extra icing on the cake is that Caroline doesn't want her paci anymore. per Caroline...."Paci's are for babies"
How did I score with two HUGE milestone happening literally within the same week. It was back in October that Caroline's teacher instructed me to bring in big girl underwear and a lot of extra clothes because she wanted to start daytime potty training. Well, lets just say that October wasn't the best month to start. Caroline had TWO rounds of a stomach bug which sometimes lasted longer than the normal 24 hours and I made an executive decision to keep pull ups on her bottom for a little longer.
While we "talked up" big girl underwear, daddy was on her to give up her paci. I on the other hand was telling her a completely different story. I was perfectly content with doing these milestones at separate times, even separate years if that's what it took. After all, Caroline didn't leave the house with the paci unless she was sleeping at a different residence for the night so I wasn't concerned that we would be packing it along with her other items to take off to college. However, Daddy thought she would be that girl at college with her paci so you can see where we had some "conflict" in our house. Ha!
Fast forward to our Thanksgiving trip to Charlotte, NC. Caroline did very good in the car without a pull up and we only had to stop for one potty break. While visiting our friends, Caroline walked around the house with her paci at times and again conversation would come up about how she needed to ditch the paci. Literally as we were leaving to come home, Chris looked at Caroline and asked for her paci. She gave it to him and the rest is history! Really? That easy? I could have sworn with as stubborn as my "sweet" Caroline is that giving up her paci would take a while....a long while.
So our Thanksgiving for 2012 included giving a little more thanks to Chris Robusto who was the hero in proving that by just asking to give up her paci, it can be done. We never actually thought that would work so it had never been part of the plan. Thank you, Chris!!!
And thank you to all the Robusto's for again having us as part of your family Thanksgiving. Y'all have always made room for us at such a special time of year and for that we are so grateful!
Caroline's last night to ever sleep with a paci!
Can I get an A-M-E-N!!??!!



