It was a typical morning at our house rushing out the door and jumping into the car to head to school. I take the kids to school so I will pretty much allow them to take any toy they might be playing with at the moment and bring it along for the ride. For Cannon, it's mostly monster trucks he wants to share in his short ride to school and Caroline usually brings her paci and Mr. Owl.
But today was different. Caroline spotted a toy that she hadn't played with for a while and decided to bring it with her only to put it in between her and her big brother while I buckled her into her seat. Well, guess who also spotted the toy and wanted to play with it too? Yep, Cannon, and he quickly picked up the toy and started playing with it.
So our less than 10 minute car ride to school was filled with a very sad little sister, screaming her head off trying to get her toy back from her big brother. I asked Cannon politely to give the toy back but that didn't seem to work so I simply told him that Jesus was watching and that he should be a better big brother and share with his little sister. At that moment he gave the toy to Caroline. I praised him GALORE! Telling him how proud I was of him and how Jesus was proud of him too for sharing.
We parked the car and with the most serious look in his eyes Cannon said, "Mommy, Jesus died."
My heart took a nose dive into my stomach and with huge crocodile tears about to fall down my face I simply told him he was correct. Then I explained that on the third day Jesus rose again. Cannon then said, "yes, He did and Mary cried then there was an angel."
My son gets it!! He listens in school and knows the story of the Resurrection!
It was a wonderful moment as a mom and I will hold this story tight in my heart forever and ever!



